OASIS Code of Conduct.
We have a few rules that we all must abide by and you agree to by accepting an OASIS badge.
1. No Smoking – The hotel, State of Florida, and OASIS have instituted a no smoking policy. The only places where you may smoke are on designated smoking floors and outside.
2. Weapons – No real weapons, bladed weapons, or simulated weapons that can shoot a projectile are allowed. In addition, if it looks like a real gun, it is not allowed.
3. Harassment – Harassment is any behavior that intentionally annoys or alarms another person. This includes unwanted physical contact, following someone around, rude, suggestive, or insulting comments, or otherwise infringing on their personal liberties or space. It is very important that if you are being harassed or are in any way endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we are not made aware of and we need whatever detail can be provided, such as names, badge numbers or other descriptive information. Remember: “No” means no. “Stop” means stop. “Go away” means go away.
4. Badges – ID badges must be worn prominently on the front of clothing and above the waist at all times. Anyone without a badge will be refused access.
5. Behavior and costumes must adhere to all applicable decency laws.
6. Disorderly Conduct – No running in the hotel, yelling, fighting, or damaging of hotel and/or convention property will be tolerated. Drunken or disorderly conduct in OASIS function space will result in the member being escorted to his or her room or removed from the hotel.
7. Alcohol shall not be dispensed in public or function areas, except by authorized hotel staff.
8. Signs – Signs may not be posted except on convention bulletin boards. No signs may be posted in the elevators, on the walls, or on room doors. Bulletin boards and thumbtacks are available at the registration desk.
9. Damage to the hotel jeopardizes our ability to put on future conventions. To ensure that there will be another OASIS, please report any acts of vandalism to the hotel or convention staff.
Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of OASIS staff. Please ask any staff member for clarification on any rules.
Phone number for hotel security: TBA
Local law enforcement: 911
OASIS Chairman and Committee:
Conchair: Juan Sanmiguel